Thursday 5 April 2012

A Journey Round My Painting Desk!!

Just so you get some idea of whats currently laying about awaiting my attention, here's a desk review

This is where the crimes against all things metal and plastic take place, you can see the torture implements arrayed, these include various paints, brushes, and some tools.
Currently waiting for their spot under the overhead lamp of doom are the following items, and you may have spotted they are all of a distinctive Spanish Civil War flavour. I have renewed my interest in this fascinating period of 20th century history, and having thrown off the shackles of my Pyrrhic army, by getting a mate to paint it. I can concentrate my efforts on the SCW stuff.

In the foreground, a Breda 20mm turret conversion for the Panzer 1A, not sure whether to just keep it for myself, or send it on to Empress, so they can add it to the hull they already have, and sell it to the filthy masses!!
Behind this, the Militia crew with their Hispano-Suiza car, an Artzan Goumier who has undergone a head transplant, so he can join my Regulares, and a headless Militia horseman conversion, just need to decide which head to give him. 

Lurking in one of the plastic container is my "Nemesis"!! I have been asked to make a pseudo-WW1 fighter plane to go with those new fantasy Russian Dwarves, the wings are made, as it the tail section, I am now starting work on fuselage number 4, the other 3 have been thrown in various directions , following a fit of temper, by yours truly. I am currently rethinking my options on this one ;-[[
Right, whinge over,on the left are these chaps, additions to my FAI/CNT Militia Columna, all from various sources including Artizan,Musketeer and Empress, only another 20 or so required now.
On the right ( how appropriate!!) are Franco's finest in the shape of the "Bridegrooms of Death", or the Spanish Foreign Legion as they are more well known, keeping them company, and possibly praying for thier rotten souls, a converted Perry Miniatures Carlist wars range priest.
And finally, the motorised transport, in various stages of completion!! ( Hmmmmm) from bottom to top, Constructora Field Armoured Truck, FAI/CNT bus, Ferrol armoured truck,and a Hispano-Suiza Guardia Asalto transport vehicle. The last two where made by Crouchie when I had Anglian Miniatures, but never got released, as they needed some more detailing work added ( yes I am a sad anal old git, who is never happy, until he has crammed far to much weeny detail, onto everything he makes) So I get to have them all to myself, greedy old bastard ;-]]]]

So there you go, a journey completed, now all I have to do is actually get some of this stuff finished!!





1 comment:

  1. Glad to see my mess is similar to your mess, even if my output is less creative! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete