Sunday 26 August 2012

Ebay is the Work of Satan...........!

Because people keep sticking shiny things on there, and I keep on bloody well bidding on them.
My latest "bargain"

A neat little Romano-British force, painted to a pretty good gaming standard. 4 spear units, 2 bow and 2 cavalry. Thats enough for a basic Impetus force. Included were some unpainted figs, enugh to make up another 2 cavalry units, and 3 spear.
I am going to rip them all off those awful slottabases, and rebase them all on 1p pieces, that way I can use them for the  Dux Britanniarum rules from TFL
Here's a blow by blow for what I shall do to each unit.

These boys will get new LBMS shied transfers, redone flesh work ( the original colour is a bit too native american for my liking) and replacement wire spears to replace the bendy ones.
These two units will get LBMS transfers, new weapons, and flesh too. The rear unit may get some of its figures added to my Saxon force.
This unit has been painted as Roman sailors, so they will get replacement LBMS shields for a Saxon Shore force, and a couple of added figures to bulk them out, redone flesh and replacement weapons to finish off.
Made a start on the bow units, they just got their faces redone, and the bows straightened , and painted.
I had put them on Impetus bases, but will swap them later for 1ps.

The Cavalry will all get new LBMS shields, replacement weapons, and fleshwork. I may tart up the horses a bit. not sure how cavalry work in Dux Brit, so these boys will be done last.

Add a selection of the lovely personality figs now available, and away we go.


Yes folks yet another "project" from the "House of Idiot"
I blame these people






No comments:

Post a Comment